This guide with screenshots explains how to install Frankenstein Kodi addon to stream a huge catalog of movies and series.
The process was performed on Kodi 20 Nexus, the latest version available to date, and should work fine on older versions such as Kodi 19 Matrix.
The steps described in this post apply to all devices and platforms that support Kodi such as Android, Android TV, Fire TV, Linux, Windows, and more.
If you are new to Kodi, this ultimate guide will help you get started and set up the media center correctly.
Also, although it is not necessary, we highly recommend updating Kodi to the latest version. Updates are always useful because they fix problems and make improvements.
About Frankenstein Kodi addon
Frankenstein Kodi addon is a great video source to watch on-demand content on kodi. It is one of the most popular third-party addons for all types of media content including Movies & TV Shows.
This is a third-party addon, which means it’s not hosted by the official kodi repository or supported by Kodi. Hosted in the Where The Monsters Live Repository,Frankenstein add-on is fully compatible with the latest Kodi version 20 Nexus.
The addon has an extensive library of movies and TV shows. This means Frankenstein HD will never let you run out of streaming options. It is a perfect choice to binge-watch your favorite episodes and movies.
Frankenstein Kodi addon has a simple, minimal yet functional interface. It has almost all the categories of content you want to watch. On the main screen you will find: Movies, TV Shows, My Movies, My TV Shows, New Movies, New Episodes, Tools, and Search
Within the Movies and TV Shows sections, the content is organized in subcategories like Genre, Year, Most popular.. and more, to help you easily navigate and decide what to watch.
Similarly to most Kodi addons, Frankenstein Kodi addon does not host any content. It uses web scrappers to fetch links from around the web and introduce them in a beautifully designed UI
This add-on presents many features including Trakt support, multiple scrapper packages, library integration, and support for premium accounts from Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, and others.
With these services configured, Frankenstein Kodi addon will help you get high-quality streams up to 4k for a buffer-free entertainment.
Thanks to its varied content, good quality playback and smooth navigation, Frankenstein Kodi addon is considered among the best kodi addons for all types of media content
NOTE: The Frankenstein Kodi addon offers video content in English for most films, however, you can download subtitles. We show you how this works in with OpenSubtitles addon.
Install The Frankenstein addon on Kodi
This section will guide you through the necessary steps to install Frankenstein addon on Kodi. The process is quite simple and consists of three main steps:
- Enable installation from unknown sources
- Install the hosting repository
- Install Frankenstein Kodi addon
Enable installation from unknown sources.
Keep in mind that the most interesting Kodi addons exist in third-party repositories. This means that before installing a third-party addon, you should allow Kodi to install from unknown sources. This option is disabled by default for security reasons.
- Follow this guide to enable unknown sources on Kodi.
Install the hosting repository
With the unknown sources option enabled, Kodi is now ready to install any addon or repository, regardless of its source.
Frankenstein Kodi addon is hosted in The Where The Monsters Live Repository and provides high-quality content with regular updates
- The source URL: https://www.midian.appboxes.co/repo/
Our next step will be to install the repository. For this, a media source needs to be added. We have already explained in our how to add a source in kodi. Otherwise, follow the instructions below:
- Launch Kodi and from the home screen, click on the gear icon to access the settings.
- Enter the File Manager
- Select Add Source
- Double click on “< None >”.
- In the URL bar, type the URL of the media source and press OK : https://www.midian.appboxes.co/repo/
- Enter a name for this source so you can easily recognize it later, and press OK. In this case we put “Where The Monsters Live Repository“.
- Again, click OK to confirm
- Now, from the settings page, enter the Add-ons browser “Open box icon“.
- Select “Install from a Zip file“.
- Click OK to bypass the installation warning
- Find the name of the source you just added in the previous step and click on it.
- Select “ repository.wherethemonsterslive.zip” and click on it.
- Wait a few seconds until a popup message appears in the upper right corner telling you that the Repository is installed.
Install Frankenstein Kodi addon
After successfully installing The Where The Monsters Live Repository repository, we need to install Frankenstein Kodi addon:
- Again, on the settings page, go to the Add-ons browser and select Install from a repository
- Select The Where The Monsters Live Repository
- Then, Video Add-ons
- Find the “Frankenstein” addon and click on it.
- Click on Install
- Click OK to install the additional addons needed for the addon work properly.
- In a few seconds, a popup message will inform you that Frankenstein addon is installed.
And that’s all for the installation of Frankenstein Kodi addon
To access your newly installed addon, return to the Kodi home screen. In the main menu on the left, scroll down and find the Add-ons option, under the Video Add-ons category, you should find Frankenstein Kodi addon
Set up Real-Debrid within Frankenstein Kodi addon
Frankenstein Kodi addon is a streaming addon for watching movies and TV series on Kodi for both free and Debrid Links. This addon supports premium services such as Real-Debrid, All-Debrid, and Premiumize.
However, among all these services, Real-Debrid is the most recommended.
Real-Debrid is an online service that allows you to link your Kodi addon with your real-debrid account. The service is paid and offers unlimited access to multiple file hosts and can greatly improve the quality and quantity of available sources.
Before starting, make sure you have created a Real Debrid account, in case you don’t already have one. Then, start Frankenstein addon from the Kodi Addons section, within the Video Addons section.
- In the main menu, click Tools.
- Scroll down and click on ResolverURL settings
- Under the Universal Resolvers tab, Scroll down till you find Real-Debrid option then press (Re)Authorise My Account
- Next, you will see a message showing an authorization code.
- You must enter the given code in your Real Debrid account to authorize The Frankenstein access. To do this, go to this URL, enter the code displayed on Kodi and click Continue.
- In case you have not accessed your Real Debrid account, you will be asked to enter your access credentials.
- You may want to give a name to this new entry to easily identify it later
If everything goes well, you will see a confirmation message on Kodi indicating that the authentication in Real Debrid was successful.
And with this, you will have already configured Real Debrid in The Frankenstein add-on.
This was all about installing et setting up Frankenstein addon on Kodi. However, don’t forget to use a VPN before streaming anything on kodi to protect your online streaming activities and avoid copyright infringement issues.
With a good VPN you will prevent yourself from malware. It masks your original IP and assigns you a new one to maintain anonymity while streaming. Our best recommendations are :
- NordVPN Review
- CyberGhost Review
- ExpressVPN Review
- Surfshark VPN Review
- PureVPN Review
- IPVanish VPN review