In this post, I will show you how to install Popcorn Time APK on Firestick & Android TV to watch an extensive range of on-demand content including movies and TV Series.
The installation process is very straightforward and applies to all devices running Fire OS as their operating system including Firestick, Firestick 4k Max, Firestick Lite, Fire cube and more
These instructions also apply to Android and Android TV devices including mobiles, tablets, Android Boxes, and smart TVs with Android TV.
So, if you are an avid streamer looking for a way to watch your favorite movies and TV Shows on Android devices, then you should try out Popcorn Time APK.
About Popcorn Time APK
Popcorn Time APK is a service based on a P2P system where you can watch series and movies online for free. A free multi-device application that uses torrent files so you can watch any movie. At first glance and in terms of interface, something similar to Netflix but without cost and with a very different operation: Popcorn Time is based on the use of torrent and allows streaming thanks to an included multimedia player .
Find out the best Popcorn Time alternatives to stream free Movies and TV Shows online
A service based on torrent connections
Unlike the paid platforms that use their own closed video compression system to offer you the content through their online or desktop applications for PC, Mac or smartphone, Popcorn provides a service through torrent connections that download the video to a temporary folder, which means you can start watching a movie or episode whilst the rest of the video finishes downloading.
The application has tried to succeed on the Internet since its inception in 2014 but it has not been easy, it has changed hands, it has closed and opened again and again. Just a few months after its release, the original version shut down and the app forked into various groups which wanted to continue a service that had changed the way movies were played online. Two groups arrived that used the source code: One of them was supported by the original developers (Popcorn.io) and it was mutating until it reached what we know today.
Popcorn Time Apk main features
- Watch movies and series via streaming.
- Search engine.
- Playback in HD quality whenever possible.
- Latest releases.
- Movies and series in their original language with subtitles.
- Sort the results by rating, genre or year.
- Download the videos to watch them offline.
Popcorn Time runs perfectly on any Android device including Smart TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Nvidia Shield TV, Easytone T95, Abox A4, M8s, WeTek Core, and more.
With Popcorn Time you can download your favorite movies or episodes, to watch later even without an active internet connection.
How to install Popcorn Time APK on Firestick?
Installing Popcorn Time APK on Firestick / Fire TV would definitely expand the potential of this amazing streaming device.
To be able to use Popcorn Time on a jailbroken Firestick, we should rely on the sideloading method. This means that Popcorn Time is not available in the Amazon App Store, and the installation process requires the APK file of the app.
- This guide shows you how to jailbreak Firestick / Fire TV
There are several ways to sideload third-party apps on Firestick. The Downloader App method is the most straightforward. This is the one we are using for this guide which will be carried out in three steps:
- Install Downloader App
- Enable unknown sources
- Sideloading Popcorn Time
Install Downloader App
- From your Firestick the Home screen, press on FIND then Search
- After clicking on the search box, an on-screen keyboard will appear. Search for the “Downloader app”
- Select Downloader app from appeared search results
- Tap on Download button.
- Wait for the app to finish installing
- Once the app installed, click Open to launch Downloader
- A prompt will come up asking you to allow downloader to access your device. Click on Allow.
- If there is any new update for the downloader app, it will prompt you, so click OK.
Enable unknown sources
Before using Downloader App to install APKs, you need first to allow it to install from unknown sources. Follow these steps:
- From the Home screen open the Settings option ( Gear icon )
- Scroll down and select My Fire TV Click on it.
- Select Developer options.
- If Developer options doesn’t appear on this menu, this is how to activate it
- Then click Install unknown apps
- If you are using an older version, find “Apps from Unknown sources” and turn it ON to enable it.
- Find the Downloader App from the list and turn it ON.
Install Popcorn Time APK on Firestick
Having met the above requirements, you Firestick is now ready to install any APK from outside the official App Store.
- Go back to the home screen and launch Downloader App
- Use the URL box and type this exact link:
- The Download will start immediately. You will have to wait till it finish downloading.
- After downloading, click on the Install
- Once finished installing, click on Done
- Then click on Delete to remove the APK file from your device to free up some space.
- Click on Delete again to confirm your action
To see your newly installed app, go back to your Home Screen and select Your Apps & Channels. Click on See All, scroll down till you find Popcorn Time icon and move it up to the top for easy access.
Install Popcorn time APK on Android TV
This guide accompanied by screenshots will show how to install Popcorn Time APK on an Android TV device. The process can apply to all devices sharing the same Android TV OS.
The process will take three steps:
- First, we will install Downloader app from play store
- Second, we will enable installation from unknown sources for downloader app
- Finally, we will find, download and install the apk file
If the first two steps are already done for you, then skip directly to the third one
For this guide, we are going to go through the Downloader app method to directly sideload the Popcorn Time APK file to you Android TV device, but you can download the APK on your mobile then transfer it to your Android TV to be installed. See how you can do that in this guide.
Install Downloader app
The first thing you need to do is to install the Downloader app, a powerful browser and file manager specifically designed for android TV based devices, and this is the element that interests us the most, since we will use it to download any apk on the net.
Say that the Downloader app is available in the official play store , so you can download it directly to your device.
Open Play store, search Downloader, then install and open the application
Once launched, it will ask you to grant permission to access local storage. Since this is a file manager, it will need that permission to function. Just press Allow
If there is any new update for the downloader app, it will prompt you, so click OK.
That’s it, your browser is now ready to use. just go to the search box, type an address or query to start surfing the net. And this is exactly how we are going to find and install apks on Android TV.
Enable Installation from unknown sources
The most interesting apps for Android TV are found in third-party sources. So, the first thing you have to do is enable installation from unknown sources . If not already done, just follow these steps:
Launch your Android TV device and click on the “System Settings” Icon.
Select Device Preferences
Go to Security and restrictions
Enter Unknown sources option
Allow Downloader app to install from unknown sources
Install Popcorn Time apk on Android TV
After having enabled installation from unknown sources, your device can now install any app you want from outside the official Play Store.
Once downloader app is ready to use, all you have to do is click on the Browser option and use the web browser to download any application in APK format.
To install Popcorn Time apk, one of the greatest destinations for you to enjoy a limitless number of movies and TV shows, follow the steps below:
Launch Downloader app and in the search box and type the download link:
then press GO
Download should start immediately
Once the file downloaded, Press Install
Now click Done to go back to the previous screen
Delete the installation package
That’s it, Popcorn Time APK is installed and ready to use.
Go back to home screen, in the app drawer, find and open your app normally.
If you’ve gone through all the steps and can’t see the APK app installed on your Android TV, you’ll need to download and install a launcher . Sometimes there are applications that are not displayed on the main screen of the device or Smart TV with Android TV, don’t worry, it is totally normal.
Fortunately, the solution to this problem is extremely simple. The only thing you have to do is install an app like Sideload Launcher to see the sideloaded apps.
With the launcher downloaded, installed and started, you will be able to find that app that you have installed and that was not previously displayed on the main screen. Of course, you will have to get used to using this new interface, because this launcher changes the entire aspect of the interface of your Android TV.
Apart from the Sideload Launcher, you can also try many other alternatives from our list of the best Android TV Launchers then choose the one that best suits you.
How to install Popcorn Time APK on Android mobiles?
Popcorn Time APK is not available in the Play Store or Amazon app store. To install the Popcorn Time you need to use the APK file of the app.
We have explained to you the steps to download and install Popcorn Time on your device using the APK file. Follow every step without skipping to install the app without any errors.
- First, you need to download the APK file from the below-given link. Make sure you have the necessary storage space in your device before download/installation.
- To install an app using the APK file you need to enable the “Unknown sources” option. Go to Settings -> Security -> Device and Management -> Unknown Sources. Turn ON this option to let the device allow you to install the app.
- Now open the Downloads folder and find the location of the downloaded APK file.
- Click on the APK file and the app will proceed to install. During installation, the app will request permissions to access Media files and file storage.
- Grant them access and the installation will be complete.
- You can now launch the app from the home screen of the device.
- Select your favorite movies using the search bar on the home page of the app and enjoy streaming.
Note: If you get an error called “Blocked by play protect” then you can just click on install anyway to proceed with the installation
How to install Popcorn Time APK on Windows PC?
To install Popcorn Time APK on Windows PC using BlueStacks emulator, you need to follow these steps:
- Download and install BlueStacks emulator from this link: https://www.bluestacks.com/
- Open BlueStacks emulator and sign in with your Google account.
- Download the Popcorn Time APK file from this link: https://simturax.com/popcorntime
- Drag the APK file to the BlueStacks emulator window to install it automatically.
- Launch Popcorn Time from the application library or the BlueStacks emulator home screen.
Popcorn Time Apk is a popular streaming app that lets you watch movies and TV shows on your Android device for free. It has many features that make it appealing to users, such as support for subtitles and Chromecast
However, it is also a third-party app that may not be safe or legal to use. Therefore, we suggest that you exercise caution when using Popcorn Time Apk or any other similar app. We also recommend that you use a VPN when streaming online to protect yourself from legal troubles and cyber threats.