This is a comprehensive guide accompanied by screenshots to show you how to jailbreak Firestick and install the best streaming apps to access loads of free Movies, TV Shows, Documentaries, Live sports, and more
The process described below applies to all devices running Fire TV OS as their operating system such as Fire TV Cube, Firestick TV Lite, Firestick 4k Max…
What is Firestick jailbreak?
Jailbreak is a term used widely in the computing field to describe the process of modifying the firmware of an electronic device to remove restrictions that prevent it from running unofficial or third-party software. Some may call it “Root” or “Hack“, but the purpose remains the same regardless of the appellation.
As for a jailbroken Firestick or any other Fire TV device, this is not exactly what we do. We don’t modify, root, or hack any firmware. We just apply a little tweak on the settings to allow downloading and installing applications from outside the official Amazon App Store.
In other words, to jailbreak Amazon Firestick is to open it to sideloading third-party applications using the APK Format of the desired app.
The whole process is very simple and doesn’t require any technical knowledge. It is carried out right on the Firestick device without connecting a computer or any other tools.
Why jailbreak Firestick?
Firestick is the most popular streaming device in the world. This finger-size device has gained a great reputation over time thanks to its amazing streaming capabilities and functionalities combined.
Firestick is now present in a great number of households around the world. People use it to enhance their streaming experience or simply to grant a second life to their old TV Sets.
While Firestick comes fully packed with streaming options like Netflix, Hulu, or Prime video which require paid subscriptions, it needs to be jailbroken to embrace an entire world of free streaming possibilities.
So, if you have been wondering why to jailbreak Firestick, the answer is quite simple. This is your gateway to an immense world of free entertainment. This way, you will enjoy the best streaming apps for Movies & TV Shows, the best live sports apps, a broad choice of live TV channels from around the world, and more.
Together with these free apps, a jailbroken Firestick has a lot to offer, and you have a lot to explore.
How to jailbreak Firestick?
To jailbreak Firestick or Fire TV device and unlock limitless streaming options, follow the coming explanations. The process will take us through three steps:
- First, Install Downloader App
- Second, Enable unknown sources
- Then, Sideloadind Applications
Install Downloader App
- Launch your Firestick, and from the Home screen, press FIND then Search
- After clicking on the search box, an on-screen keyboard will appear. Search for the “Downloader app”
- Select Downloader app from appearing search results
- Tap on Download.
- Wait for the app to finish installing
- Once the app is installed, click Open to launch Downloader
- A prompt will come up asking you to allow Downloader to access your local storage and files. Click on Allow.
- If there is any new update for the downloader app, it will prompt you, so click OK.
That’s it, your browser is now ready to use. Just go to the search box, and type an address, or a query to start surfing the net. And this is exactly how we are going to jailbreak Firestick and sideload APKs. But before that, we need to authorize the Downloader App to install from unknown sources.
Enable unknown sources
- Launch your Firestick, and from the home screen open the Settings option ( Gear icon )
- Scroll down and select My Fire TV Click on it.
- Select Developer options.
- Note: If you can see Developer options on your Firestick, this guide explains how to activate it.
- Turn ON the ADB Debugging.
- Click Install unknown apps. This is the option that allows you to install apps from third-party sources
- Note: If you are using an older version of Fire TV OS, click Apps from Unknown Sources and enable it
- Find the Downloader App from the list and turn it ON. this way Downloader App will have the permission to install APKs from outside the Amazon App Store
Sideloading applications on Firestick
With the two previous steps correctly done, your Firestick is now jailbroken. This means that it is now ready to sideload any application regardless of where it comes from.
Sideloading applications to Firestick is a straightforward process that requires the APK format of the application you want to install.
To illustrate this guide, I will show you how to install Cyberflix TV, one of the best destinations for you to enjoy an unlimited number of movies and TV Shows.
- On your Firestick main screen, search and open the “Downloader” application
- Then, in the “Browser” tab, you will find an address bar.
- Please type the download link
- Then press GO.
- Wait for the file to finish downloading…
- Once the download is complete, your Firestick will automatically ask you if you want to install the application on your Firestick/Fire TV. Click Install to proceed
- Please be patient as the installation may take some time. When it is finished, press “Done“.
- Now your Firestick or Fire TV will ask you to remove the APK.
- Click on Delete to remove the APK file and free up some storage space.
- Click on Delete again to confirm
To see your newly installed app, go back to your Home Screen and select Your Apps & Channels. Click on See All, scroll down till you find CyberFlix TV icon, and move it up to the top for easy access.
We have followed the necessary steps to install an APK file on Firestick/Fire TV. And that’s how you jailbreak and then install your favorite apps on your Amazon streaming stick. Enjoy!