This guide with screenshots explains how to install FMovies Kodi addon to stream a huge catalog of movies and series.
The process was performed on Kodi 19 Matrix, the latest version available to date, and should work fine on older versions such as Kodi 18 Leia.
The steps described in this post apply to all devices and platforms that support Kodi such as Android, Android TV, Fire TV, Linux, Windows, and more.
If you are new to Kodi, this ultimate guide will help you get started and set up the media center correctly.
Also, although it is not necessary, it is highly recommended to update Kodi to the latest version. Updates are always useful because they fix problems and make improvements.
About FMovies Kodi Addon
FMovies Kodi addon is one of the best kodi video addons that allows users to stream an extensive catalog of free Movies & TV Shows. Hosted in the mbebe repository, this addon is fully compatible with the latest Kodi version 19 Matrix.
FMovies Kodi addon is a go-to source of free media content. So far, the addon does not support the integration of any premium service such as Real-Debrid. Yet, FMovies addon brings you a good deal of high-quality links so that your streaming experience is never better
Similarly to most Kodi addons, FMovies does not host any content. It uses web scrappers to fetch links from around the web and introduce them in a beautifully designed UI
All these amazing features make of FMovies Kodi addon one of the best kodi addons. All you have to manage is a smooth internet connection and get FMovies Kodi addon installed on your media center, which I will show you in details in this guide.
NOTE: FMovies addon offers video content in English for most films, however, you can download subtitles. We show you how this works with OpenSubtitles addon.
How to install FMovies addon on Kodi
This section will guide you through the necessary steps to install FMovies addon on Kodi. The process is quite simple and consists of three main steps:
- Enable installation from unknown sources
- Install the hosting repository
- Install FMovies Kodi addon
Enable installation from unknown sources.
Keep in mind that the most interesting Kodi addons exist in third-party repositories. This means that before installing a third-party addon, you should allow Kodi to install from unknown sources. This option is disabled by default for security reasons.
- Follow this guide to enable unknown sources on Kodi.
Install the hosting repository
With the unknown sources option enabled, Kodi is now ready to install any addon or repository, regardless of its source.
FMovies Kodi addon is hosted in The mbebe Repository and provides high-quality content with regular updates
- The source URL: https://mbebe.github.io/blomqvist
Our next step will be to install the repository. For this, a media source needs to be added. We have already explained in our how to add a source in kodi. Otherwise, follow the instructions below:
- Launch Kodi and from the home screen, click on the gear icon to access the settings.
- Enter the File Manager
- Select Add Source
- Double click on “< None >”.
- In the URL bar, type the URL of the media source and press OK:
- Enter a name for this source so you can easily recognize it later, and press OK. In this case we put “mbebe“.
- Again, click OK to confirm
- Now, from the settings page, enter the Add-ons browser “Open box icon“.
- Select “Install from a Zip file“.
- Click OK to bypass the installation warning
- Find the name of the source you just added in the previous step and click on it.
- Select “repository.mbebe.zip” and click on it.
- Wait a few seconds until a popup message appears in the upper right corner telling you that the Repository is installed.
Install FMovies Kodi addon
After successfully installing mbebe Repository, we need to install FMovies Kodi addon:
- Again, on the settings page, go to the Add-ons browser and select Install from a repository
- Select mbebe Repository
- Then, Video Add-ons
- Find the “mbebe” addon and click on it.
- Click on Install
- Click OK to install the additional addons needed for the addon to work smoothly.
- In a few seconds, a popup message will inform you that FMovies addon is installed.
And that’s all for the installation of FMovies Kodi addon
To access your newly installed addon, return to the Kodi home screen. In the main menu on the left, scroll down and find the Add-ons option, under the Video Add-ons category, you should find FMovies Kodi addon
FMovies Kodi addon review
FMovies Kodi addon features a very simple user interface. On the home page, the addon lists all the available content sections for free Movies & TV Shows.
Congratulations, you have just installed FMovies addon on your kodi system. However, make sure to use a VPN to avoid any copyright infringement issues.