This guide with screenshots explains how to install POV Kodi addon to stream a huge catalog of movies and series.
The process was performed on Kodi 19 Matrix, the latest version available to date, and should work fine on older versions such as Kodi 18 Leia.
The steps described in this post apply to all devices and platforms that support Kodi such as Android, Android TV, Fire TV, Linux, Windows, and more.
If you are new to Kodi, this ultimate guide will help you get started and set up the media center correctly.
Also, although it is not necessary, it is highly recommended to update Kodi to the latest version. Updates are always useful because they fix problems and make improvements.
About POV Kodi addon
POV kodi addon is a new Kodi video addon that allows you to stream an extensive catalog Movies and TV Shows with the best audio and video quality. Hosted in the kodifitzwell repository, this add-on is fully compatible with the latest Kodi version 19 Matrix.
POV kodi addon’s main screen is very simple to navigate. It contains sections for:
- TV Shows
- Popular People
- My Lists
- My Services
Within the Movies and TV Shows sections, the content is organized in subcategories like Genre, Year, Most popular… and more, to help you easily navigate and decide what to watch.
Similarly to most Kodi addons, POV kodi addon does not host any content. It uses web scrapers to fetch links from around the web and introduce them in a beautifully designed UI
POV kodi addon is a premium video source for kodi that requires a Debrid subscription to work. It supports many premium services that you can integrate such as Trakt.tv, Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, and others.
With these services, you will get quality links and you will be able to stream content at the highest speed that your connection supports for a buffer free streaming experience.
However, of these two services, Real Debrid is more recommended. The good part about premium links is that they give certain guarantees and avoid the hard work of having to test the links until you find the right one.
All these amazing features make of POV kodi addon one of the best kodi addons. All you have to manage is a smooth internet connection and get POV kodi addon installed on your media center, which I will show you in details in this guide.
How to install POV Kodi addon
This section will guide you through the necessary steps to install The Crew addon on Kodi. The process is quite simple and consists of three main steps:
- Enable installation from unknown sources
- Install the hosting repository
- Install POV Kodi addon
Enable installation from unknown sources.
Keep in mind that the most interesting Kodi addons exist in third-party repositories. This means that before installing a third-party addon, you should allow Kodi to install from unknown sources. This option is disabled by default for security reasons.
- Follow this guide to enable unknown sources on Kodi.
Install the hosting repository
With the unknown sources option enabled, Kodi is now ready to install any addon or repository, regardless of its source.
The Crew Kodi is hosted in The The Crew Repository and provides high-quality content with regular updates
- The source URL: http://team-crew.github.io
Our next step will be to install the repository. For this, a media source needs to be added. We have already explained in our corresponding guide how to do this. Otherwise, follow the instructions below:
- Launch Kodi and click on the “System Settings” Icon.
- From the available options, select «File manager»
- Then select «Add source»
- Double click «<None>»
- Enter this link: https://kodifitzwell.github.io /repo/ in the box as your media source. Be sure to type this exactly as provided. Click OK
- Your repo needs a name, type “ fitzwell“ in the box below, then press “Ok“.
- Again click OK
- Return to the System Settings home screen, and click the Add-ons Package Installer
- Select “Install from zip file“
- A short notification will popup to warn you that add-ons installed from zip ( excluding served repositories) will not be auto-update and must be manually updated. Click Yes to proceed.
- Now find the repository you named “fitzwell”
- Select repository.kodifitzwell-xxx.zip
Wait for the top right to popup Kodifitzwell Add-on installed.
And this has been all regarding the repository installation. It is a valid process for any third-party repository.
Install The POV Kodi addon
Now that you have the kodifitzwell Repo on your system, you need to install the POV Kodi addon.
- Go to Install from repository
- Select Kodifitzwell Repo
- Then Video add-ons
- Select POV
- Click Install
On the top right, a pop-up will let you know that your add-on is installed
Now go back to the Kodi home screen, Find the Add-ons tab on the left side menu, POV Kodi addon should appear under the Video add-ons category. Open it and enjoy a huge library of movies and TV shows.
On the main screen, POV kodi addon lists all the available sections for media content
However, make sure to use a VPN to avoid any copyright infringement issues.
Setup Real-Debrid in POV kodi addon
To be able to use POV Kodi addon, there is still another little move you need to make. And this requires a Debrid account.
AS mentioned above, POV Kodi addon is a premium addon that requires a Debrid subscription to be able to use its content. We highly recommend using a Real Debrid account with this addon. This service gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and can greatly improve the quality and quantity of available sources.
Before starting, make sure you have created a Real Debrid account, in case you don’t already have one. Then, start POV Kodi addon from the Kodi Addons section, within the Video Addons section.
- In the POV main menu, click Settings.
- Enter the SETTINGS: POV option
- Under the My Services tab, Select Authorize under Real-Debrid option
- Next, you will see a message showing an authorization code.
- You must enter the given code in your Real Debrid account to authorize the POV access. To do this, go to this URL, enter the code displayed on Kodi and click Continue.
- In case you have not accessed your Real Debrid account, you will be asked to enter your access credentials.
- You may want to give a name to this new entry to easily identify it later
- If everything goes well, you will see a confirmation message on Kodi indicating that the authentication in Real Debrid was successful.
And with this, you will have already configured Real Debrid in the POV Kodi addon.